Can I add boiler stove to combi system? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I add boiler stove to combi system? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rdcar

Hello all, I would like some advice on whether I can add a multi fuel stove with a back boiler to my existing oil fired combi system? Ideally I would like to keep using combi for hot water, but use the stove for central heating. Is it possible, is it a massive job? Any advice on this greatly appreciated. (We don't have a water storage tank, but have room for one in attic or garage - which would be better?)

You need somebody experienced to have a look. Too much detail for it on the web.

Ultimately the installation has to be safe.

Perhaps put a post in the 'I'm looking for plumber' section with some more details and location.

use the stove to heat water to cyl, leave combi providing water to one draw off ie kichen, as simple option. to combine 2 for heating and hw with cyl you will need to include a dunsley neutralizer and motorised valves twin coil cyl etc and employ an experienced engineer to do a safe installation

its not gunna be cheap tbh. get some local hetas engineers to quote the job.

Yes but it's got to be done properly or it could be dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , At the risk of hijacking this thread I am...
Replies
Views
steve wake
S
Of yes of course, I never thought of that! At...
Replies
Views
Are you using just the multi fuel or the oil...
Replies
Views
D
H2 with combi and stove? Combi sealed system...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Back