can i find a toilet to fit a flange that is too high? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss can i find a toilet to fit a flange that is too high? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

O

olivematt85

im a DIYer remodeling my master bath. long story short, after tiling my toilet flange is too high. im aware of all of the options to repair, but we could use a new toilet anyway..so my question is, is there a toilet made that will fit a high flange? or do I need to just suck it up and repair it?

No need to cut / reem the existing toilet flange off and fit a new one

I’m guessing you lowered the floor / didn’t fit backing board that’s why it’s lower ?

Judging by the wording used, I'd say the O.P is in the U.S where (almost) all the W.C outlets go down into the floor, below the W.C, into a flange, similar to below,

US flange.PNG

Similar plumbing topics

G
Fixed it! Was leaking at the connection to...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
E Yes pipe out through the top of the roof, or...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Back