Can I fit a modern radiator to a gravity fed radiator? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I fit a modern radiator to a gravity fed radiator? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,
I turned up to change a radiator last week only to find an ancient rad connected to a big old steel one pipe system with no return. Is it possible to connect a modern rad and valves? Would I need to pipe it top to bottom? There's copper tails coming off the steel pipe tees.
Thanks,
Jock

Manual rad valves eg no trv unless it’s suitable for one pipe danfoss make them

And yes tboe is a must

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Who said anything about heating the kitchen ...
Replies
Views
Exactly the same as a normal sealed system but...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
They're not on all the rads. So its metal on...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Back