Can I get a flue diverter for a non condensing oil fired boiler ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I get a flue diverter for a non condensing oil fired boiler ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 113202

Hi I have moved into a older semi bungalow it contains a Boulter 50/70 non condensing oil fired boiler the flue is illegal as far as I know being about 6" from the semi next door anfor about 6 " from ground level. Not only that the neighbours next door complained in the past about the smell so a fence was erected to hide the smell but this has made the ilegalality even worse. What can I do are my only options a new boiler sited somewhere else?

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_134258376.jpg
    IMG_20200404_134258376.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 37
If you can find the original manual then inside it will show you all the legal flueing arrangements. I dont need you to look at it to tell you as it stands it doesn't comply.
Options are to extend flue to a suitable location or consider a replacement boiler and relocate.
Sorry I posted the wrong pic before on my question this should be the right photo

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 34
If you can find the original manual then inside it will show you all the legal flueing arrangements. I dont need you to look at it to tell you as it stands it doesn't comply.
Options are to extend flue to a suitable location or consider a replacement boiler and relocate.

Dont know what the OP took a dislike too?

Very good advice given. The only thing I would add is that it may be possible to replace boiler in current position and use a plume management kit.
[automerge]1586113282[/automerge]
After seeing the photo I wouldn't be getting excited. Also bit more than 6" from the floor.

Leave it till its kaput. New one in same location with a plume management kit.

Last edited:

Very good advice given. The only thing I would add is that it may be possible to replace boiler in current position and use a plume management kit.

Same location with plume kit only viable option to comply with current regs.
Could adapt current flue but I would personally update whole system.
If hes going to disagree with everything I say I'll keep my mouth shut lol

Hi I have moved into a older semi bungalow it contains a Boulter 50/70 non condensing oil fired boiler the flue is illegal as far as I know being about 6" from the semi next door fence and 1 metre from ground level. Not only that the neighbours next door complained in the past about the smell so a fence was erected to hide the smell but this has made the ilegalality even worse. What can I do are my only options a new boiler sited somewhere else?

[automerge]1586113282[/automerge]
After seeing the photo I wouldn't be getting excited. Also bit more than 6" from the floor.

Leave it till its kaput. New one in same location with a plume management kit.
Yes sorry it is 1 metre from the ground I'm surprised you think it's OK with a fence on it but I'm no expert. The fence has supposedly d
Burnt before so that's the 2nd fence.
[automerge]1586116597[/automerge]
I don't have a owners manual boiler I'd probably 20 years old.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    IMG_20200328_152356296.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 25

Similar plumbing topics

Definitely plume kit, definitely not a worcester.
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at Baxi...
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
A condensate leak somewhere, is it pumped or...
Replies
Views
Back