Can I have two combis or do I need a commercial boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I have two combis or do I need a commercial boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening All,
A customer of mine asked me to help installing a new boiler in his holiday cottage. It turns out to be one of a pair of Viessman combis installed in a chapel conversion. There's two 30kW combis and a range cooker all fed by one 22mm pipe and G6 meter. The gas pipe runs up to the second floor through two bathrooms behind tiled boxing. One combi is at one end and one at the other. It should probably be a commercial boiler but I don't have a commercial ticket or the experience. The dead boiler is at the end nearest the meter and the good one is only running at 16mb. If I rang a 28mm pipe externally I could probably get his new boiler up to 20mb but that would leave the other one probably lower than 16mb without even switching the range cooker on. He could have a U16 fitted but that wouldn't help with the under-gassing. He's got guests booked for the end of the month and I feel obliged to help. What are the options?

What’s the range size ?

Need to know the kw rating

74kw over domestic scope so either commercial engy or lower the kw on the boilers

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Cheers Gasmk1, will touch base with them...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
It’s called experience! You’re welcome, glad...
Replies
Views
Back