Can I install a water softener after an accumulator? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I install a water softener after an accumulator? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Due to my house layout, I'm trying to figure out various options to install a new hot water system. After much back and forth I think I'm going to go with an unvented cylinder with an accumulator to boost the flow. This is because a vented cylinder (which was my first choice) would result in unsightly pipework!

Ineed to install a water softener into my unvented system and the most convenient way would be to go:
Mains ->accumulator ->water softener ->cold water supply and unvented cylinder

Ideally I would have had the softener before the accumulator and put a non return valve after it, but would the above work? My head says that yes it should, the pressure won't exceed the water softener specifications, and the flow through it should cause around a 0.2-0.6bar drop in pressure which I think I can live with.

Is there anything else I should be considering here?

Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan, the house has three full...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of how you’ve installed it ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just in case you were still wondering...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Your supply house that your getting the cpvc...
Replies
Views
Back