Can I joint a manrose part onto a soil pipe to use as part of the soil vent? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I joint a manrose part onto a soil pipe to use as part of the soil vent? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. I finally got the keys to my first house a few weeks ago. It's a small house so I'm doing what I can to save space. Currently, the vent pipe in the bathroom for the toilet's soil pipe is boxed into the corner of the room, against an external wall and an internal wall that is roughly 7cm thick. I've googled and googled, and I think I've found a way that I can get the vent pipe to be incorporated into the wall so that it's effectively invisible, and I can remove the boxing.

The question I have is.... are manrose ducting parts compatible with waste/soil plumbing parts? and are they water tight like waste/soil pipes are?

I think what I need to do is reduce the vertical 110mm soil vent pipe into a 100mm manrose pipe beneath the floorboards in my bathroom and then reduce this into a flat channel that will continue to run up through the internal wall cavity in the corner of the bathroom up through the ceiling where i will convert it back into a circular pipe to exit through the roof... does this sound feasible? and would it meet regulations?

Thanks so much in advance,
fknmarko x

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!
Replies
Views
Back