can i replace a regular boiler with a system boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss can i replace a regular boiler with a system boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
a landlord is thinking to upgrade his regular boiler to megaflo system, due to financial reason he wants to change the boiler only at the moment, and then upgrade the cylinder next year. I had a think because the system boiler has an built in pump otherwise it is same to regualr boiler, if i can remove the current pump and then it should be ok, but i am not sure about this, anyone has similar experience?

cheers in advance...

a landlord is thinking to upgrade his regular boiler to megaflo system, due to financial reason he wants to change the boiler only at the moment, and then upgrade the cylinder next year. I had a think because the system boiler has an built in pump otherwise it is same to regualr boiler, if i can remove the current pump and then it should be ok, but i am not sure about this, anyone has similar experience?

cheers in advance...

If you are not sure then as has been suggested....walk away, theres quite a bit more to think about with a system boiler than just the integral pump.

landlords hear my prices then dont phone back....lol

You almost know you're not getting the job when you find out its for a landlord, i always think of how much diesel i've just wasted to go look at the job, but thats just the way the cookie crumbles i suppose.

also i know i have to disconnect the feed tank in the loft...still attempted to do the job...:stupid:

you want a heat only boiler if your keeping existing tanks ect. there still condensing so the boiler is efficent, cant say much for the system but you can add trvs in the bedrooms at least, because there designed to be 18 degrees. and you also want a room stat minimum. id add a magnaclean on the return too.

System boiler is sealed system set up. It has a pump and expansion vessel built in hence the need of removal the feed and expansion tank.

System boiler is sealed system set up. It has a pump and expansion vessel built in hence the need of removal the feed and expansion tank.

cheers, also if the system boiler has a pump inside, there will be 2 pumps totally, also i disconnect one, which one shall i disconnect?

thanks again

You need to remove the external pump and convert to a sealed system.

big difference open vented to sealed, then fix all the leaks, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back