Can I replace Vileroy and Boch Sunny toilet seat with other top fixing toilet seat? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I replace Vileroy and Boch Sunny toilet seat with other top fixing toilet seat? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lavend

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and found this after frantic search online and numerous futile enquiries to toilet seat suppliers. Hopefully someone here would be able to help.

I need to replace a broken Villeroy and Boch Sunny toilet seat (see picture) and found that it cost almost 200 quid for the original. I am hoping to get a cheaper alternative but fear that this may not be straightforward as this is a top fixing toilet seat (forgive my inexperience -this being my first attempt). And it is quite pressing because I'm moving and need to hand the place over to the tenant very soon.

If anyone has experience with this, would be grateful to hear your experience. Will welcome advice on how best to go about doing this myself if any.

Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can I replace Vileroy and Boch Sunny toilet seat with other top fixing toilet sea

Hi, I am maybe stating the obvious, but another top fitting toilet seat will work as far as the fixings are concerned if they are correct diameter for the holes.
Big problem you have is the size and shape of the top of the pan. Will an ordinary seat match it fairly well?

Re: Can I replace Vileroy and Boch Sunny toilet seat with other top fixing toilet sea

Hi, thanks for the quick response. I think it is about 370- 380mmx 450mm. I still haven't managed to find an alternative - other than those shown on Choice Repalcement which is similar price to original.

On the diameter, do I need to get the same diameter or is there way to adjust this? Sorry if it sounds obvious but I've just started learning all this.

Thanks again

Take it off and have a talk with your local plumbing merchants, they should be able so offer a replacement that's suitable.
Just be warned when you take it off sometimes if it's a back to wall pan the bolts can fall away, but you will get new ones with the replacement. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The screws you mention are probably allen...
Replies
Views
Job done - Thread closed. After a further...
Replies
Views
Back