Can I run 2 gas boilers off the same gas supply ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I run 2 gas boilers off the same gas supply ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
Can I run a conventional central-heating-boiler + an instantaneous hot water boiler, off the same gas supply ?

Many thanks

depends on what meter you have also depending on what kw appliances you are planning for

depends on what meter you have also depending on what kw appliances you are planning for

Thanks for the reply.
That's what I thought.

How do I find out what the max output of the supply is?
Is it stated on the gas meter?

Then I assume that the boilers will state what supply they need ?

Is that it, or is there any formula that needs to be applied?
eg: Is it just that both boilers total usage must be within the total output available from the meter, or does there have to be some % less?

Can both boilers be fed from the same gas pipe, or should there be two seperate pipes tee'd off from the meter?

Many thanks

Yes should be in m3/h

Correct 30kw and a 30kw water heater will be fine or 40kw and 20kw etc

Correct total needs to below rated capacity

You can supply both from the same pipe but needs to be sized correctly

Similar plumbing topics

So it isn't a boiler problem? One thing, it...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-3-8-in-C...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back