Can I soil pipe run horizontally? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can I soil pipe run horizontally? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

This is a follow-up to my earlier post Fitting a cistern (with frame) into a stud wall (100mm) (follow-up) and also to this post Can i connect waste pipes into soil pipe tee on a horizontal run? I (by @Illuminate).

We've now had the toilet fitted, as described in the earlier post, with the soil pipe running in the floor, with appropriate slope. So that's all great.

However, when I looked at the outside part, the pipe has been fitted horizontally (on a short run), see picture. I would have expected for this to run at an angle, with a Y-shaped fitting rather than a T-shaped fitting Should we complain to the installer? Or is this ok to accept?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 43
Aslong as the 1/4 bubble on the level is running eg left side is higher than the right looking at picture your ok

15mm min 25mm ideal so 30mm ish

If level / no fall on bubble then it will block time to get the back out

Similar plumbing topics

That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
No I wouldn't recommend you do that it will...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your reply... where can I find...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back