can some 1 diagnose my boiler problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss can some 1 diagnose my boiler problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure weather u can help me as im not gas safe,, but ive had 2 plumbers out to try and fix my boiler,, one being from bg and the other being and independent plumber... we have a ferroli boiler and the hot water works,, but central heating dosnt.. but the central heating works in test mode for 15minutes .. the second plumber we had out by-passed the thermostat, so we now use the clock to switch the heating on and off, but has stoped again.. any 1 heard of this before.. thanks

Last edited:
Ur logo is a bag of multifinish..... Must be bad at pipelines!

U need to be GSR to get advice on gas appliances!

is this a boiler fault or a system/controls fault?

what boiler/system do you have? what stat was bypassed?

we wont give out boiler advise but system/controls advise is fine.

if your sure AWheating... its a ferroli domicompact f30b,, the thermostat is iflo digistat +rf model rf603... also we found that the clock is disfuctional the numbers keep going round like a timer/stop watch if that helps. thanks

Save up for a decent boiler! On a serious note get used to issues if you've got one of those.

i've also thought of that,, every1 tells me that ferroli boilers are crap,, ive heard good things about a boiler from holland are they any good also how much.. thanks

i've also thought of that,, every1 tells me that ferroli boilers are crap,, ive heard good things about a boiler from holland are they any good also how much.. thanks

Two things come from and tulips and dope!

Intergas have nightmare after service even though they sell an insignificant number of them in the UK, they also have an absolute rubbish pump.

The less moving parts and design thing is old news, it was being done by the top manufacturers over 17 years ago and they dropped it because it was no more or less reliable.

Lots of RGIs are saying they are better and other RGIs have not heard of them yet only because Intergas have no technical staff on call out,m so it locks the original installer in place for servicing/repairs etc, as most if the time the customer has no other option.

Opinions are like r soles. Every ones got one. They're are a lot better than 90% of boilers.

Yeah but 90% of them are rough regardless, I'm just not joining the hype train, when there are equally good or better boilers to be installed that have 10 times the aftercare.

Not to mention that Intergas aren't the best looking boiler out there.....

I had a problem with an Intergas last week. Call center very good they where busy but phoned me back.
they knew their stuff, also its not a 0800 number

I phoned them at 4pm, 9am engineer arrival the following day.

First time I've had to phone/deal with the after service and they were spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your sure AWheating... its a ferroli domicompact f30b,, the thermostat is iflo digistat +rf model rf603... also we found that the clock is disfuctional the numbers keep going round like a timer/stop watch if that helps. thanks

so its a control problem? and your boiler runs fine?

if so get the controls fixed/changed, no point in having a new boiler because the timer has started to play up.

Gas,

I wondered about Intergas when I first saw the lack of parts on it, I think you are the first person who has gone negative on Intergas, if you can take half the parts off a boiler and say they are not required why the hell are all other boiler manufactures keeping them on.

If anyone has fitted one can they tell us what's inside the case when you take if off, sure it would be interesting, also if there are only a few parts on the boiler why would you want to contact the manufacture there is little to go wrong and the "swap out every part to find the fault" method used by some engineers would only take 5 mins to fix a fault.

I wonder what other manufactures think of Intergas, does anyone have any feedback, I think this is an interesting subject.

AW,

You would think the controls would be the easy bit to fix by the two operatives who went to this boiler, there are only 4 wires to the boiler to power it and turn it on and off, maybe as someone said on a previous thread, that's an electricians jobs ????

Gas,

I wondered about Intergas when I first saw the lack of parts on it, I think you are the first person who has gone negative on Intergas, if you can take half the parts off a boiler and say they are not required why the hell are all other boiler manufactures keeping them on.

If anyone has fitted one can they tell us what's inside the case when you take if off, sure it would be interesting, also if there are only a few parts on the boiler why would you want to contact the manufacture there is little to go wrong and the "swap out every part to find the fault" method used by some engineers would only take 5 mins to fix a fault.

I wonder what other manufactures think of Intergas, does anyone have any feedback, I think this is an interesting subject.

I quite like the Intergas, but! Yes it's not got a diverter, but there's plenty other things to go wrong. Pub,pump,fan,sensors etc. Everyone gets carried away with that one feature. Long term it could still be pup. The old vaillants only ever seem to have faults on the diverter, if the Intergas is that reliable. Happy days.

Intergas have nightmare after service even though they sell an insignificant number of them in the UK, they also have an absolute rubbish pump.

The less moving parts and design thing is old news, it was being done by the top manufacturers over 17 years ago and they dropped it because it was no more or less reliable.

Lots of RGIs are saying they are better and other RGIs have not heard of them yet only because Intergas have no technical staff on call out,m so it locks the original installer in place for servicing/repairs etc, as most if the time the customer has no other option.

seems you may be talking out of your rear facing hole. Only been installing intergas for last 3 years not had an issue yet. If you know the team the service is excellent, and if you know how to set up a boiler in the first place youll not need to call the tech line anyhow. Only time i have to talk to the techies is to go in after a prat and get the boiler operating at the correct co2 levels or get some parts sent out when the previous installer has wacked 240v through the 24 v section and blown the pc. dont get your opinion on less moving parts being unreliable, if you have no diverter valve or plate hex to go wrong, its got to be a more reliable appliance!!

Yeah but 90% of them are rough regardless, I'm just not joining the hype train, when there are equally good or better boilers to be installed that have 10 times the aftercare.

you only need after care to fix unreliable boilers!

Apart from moving parts there are two other areas of concern on modern boilers, the heat exchangers. The main heat exchanger and the secondary on combis are very restrictive on most modern boilers and there can be lots of issues with blockages in the primary or secondary Hex. The waterways within the Intergas Hex are 22mm so very unlikely to block. The secondary Hex is also a gas to water rather than water to water and around 12mm so also unlikely to block.

AW,

You would think the controls would be the easy bit to fix by the two operatives who went to this boiler, there are only 4 wires to the boiler to power it and turn it on and off, maybe as someone said on a previous thread, that's an electricians jobs ????

either a heating engineer who understands electrics or a sparks who understands heating controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back