Can someone please help/advise what we can do next | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can someone please help/advise what we can do next in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I wondered if anyone could help. We have just had some panels installed however there is quite a large gap left at the top where the panel joins the roof to be filled. Is this normal? I was under the impression they should really go to the roof with a little silicone?

Attachments

• 3DAFBA99-A518-435C-9D18-81942F0970D6.jpeg
    3DAFBA99-A518-435C-9D18-81942F0970D6.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 50
Yes should be like the top one 3-4mm gap

I would ask multi how it invalidates the warranty as tbh that sounds a bit like a quick response

Sounds like the warranty isn’t worth much as sounds like they try and find a way out of it

You could get a trim to cover the cap eg like a edge / cap

It is always difficult to get in and fit tightly to a slope like that - I have found the only way to get a very good finish is to template it from an off cut or thin bit of ply.
You don’t need the whole board , just the slope scribed in and referenced to a horizontal and a vertical line.
This can then be replicated at the top of your correctly sized board - it is another step and takes time but then the sort of thing the op has does not occur.
However as that is I agree with SimonG the way out of it is with a 20mm pvc trim like the window fitters use to cover the broken plaster- this scribed in neatly would look fine.

I've just done one with a 10mm gap all around ceiling due to height of panels vs height of ceiling.
I just used a upvc trim with stix all and sealed with a white sanitary silicone.

A gaps will always be needed to get the board in, the skill is in how you finish it.
You just use the upvc trim to gap fill or create a tidy " border" so to speak?

I'd imagine if it was a tight fit and expanded itself off the wall then the board manufacturer would be claiming 3mm as a minimum...?
Unless you've signed for a limited guarantee, just see how it comes out. Your plumbers liability doesn't end when he leaves site - far from it!

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks @Murdoch - that's great advice...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply and information so far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Back