Can the flue be bent upwards to meet the distance rule from a window? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can the flue be bent upwards to meet the distance rule from a window? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

H

HelenThom

I had a combi boiler put in my rental property about 10 years ago by a contractor arranged by the letting agency and I assume qualified. Gas safety checks have never highlighted a problem. This year they have turned off the boiler because the bottom of the flue pipe is 200mm from the opening kitchen window (the only possible ventilation in the kitchen). It is suggested I change the window to non opening but looking at other options. If the outlet pipe was lengthened or bent upwards making the length from the end of the pipe to the window greater than 300mm, would this work?

They can’t turn it off for just that need more information did they test if products of combustion were present inside by said window ?

Going back to the letting agent, the engineer has not turned off the boiler as there are no products of combustion in the house but refuses to further service or repair the other fault until the distance kssu is resolved. He says fitting. A flume is bypassing the regs and refuses.

Going back to the letting agent, the engineer has not turned off the boiler as there are no products of combustion in the house but refuses to further service or repair the other fault until the distance kssu is resolved. He says fitting. A flume is bypassing the regs and refuses.

Recommend them sending another engineer out for a second opinion

Similar plumbing topics

as he says its from an openable window
Replies
Views
Yup! In its time it's had a main and secondary...
Replies
Views
Safety valve should not be discharging into...
Replies
Views
There is no at risk for flue too close to an...
Replies
Views
B
Yes I would do along with any calcs he has...
Replies
Views
basildog
B
Back