Can this Boiler Flue be reduced in size? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can this Boiler Flue be reduced in size? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello All,
I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British Gas (valiant brand). The external boiler flue seems excessively tall, proving to be somewhat of an eye sore (please see pictures attached). I know it has to be 300mm from a vent , but it is much taller than this.

Could you help with:
1) Does it in fact need to be this high to meet with building regs / functionality or can it be reduced and still meet requirements.

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319-131349.png
    Screenshot_20240319-131349.png
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20240319-131425.png
    Screenshot_20240319-131425.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Aslong as it’s 300mm above the vents yes It could be shorter best speak to the fitters

Thanks for the reply.

Well supposedly my did have a word but they were talking alot of jargon, but believe they were just trying overwhelm him with the jargon as they did not want to have to remove it and then cut it down to size.

Is this something you have to get a certified gas safe registered person out to do this, or could you do this yourself as it seems a matter of simply removing the vertical pipe, cut it half say and then reattach everything + bracket to keep it secure?

Thanks for the reply.

Well supposedly my did have a word but they were talking alot of jargon, but believe they were just trying overwhelm him with the jargon as they did not want to have to remove it and then cut it down to size.

Is this something you have to get a certified gas safe registered person out to do this, or could you do this yourself as it seems a matter of simply removing the vertical pipe, cut it half say and then reattach everything + bracket to keep it secure?

Have to get the installers to do it else you could have problems with warranty etc or pay a gas safe engineer to do it

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thank you for the reply. It's confusing...
Replies
Views
Well the first thing i would be doing is...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately not. My customer said his...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
R
Think the op gets the point now. Thread closed.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back