Can this Bristan shower valve be fixed | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can this Bristan shower valve be fixed in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Bristan Trinity shower which gives out hot and very hot water. I have removed the valve and checked that there is high flow in both hot and cold water pipes. I have also descaled the valve. Is there a way of fixing the valve or is a case of just buy a new one.
Valve is CART 06732COMPL
Thanks

Most showers can be repaired. The hardest two parts of the job is getting the correct parts for the shower but this sounds like you already have that covered with a new thermostatic valve part no. Secondly getting the old valve out can sometimes be the deciding factor. We never repair parts its not worth the time/effort just buy a new one.

If your shower is a concealed shower, ie buried in the wall behind tiling then yes it would be well worth trying to repair but with new parts only! If you are upgrading your bathroom in the near future then no as the cost of the parts are a considerable amount versus the cost of the shower.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
Look on here might help you buy the correct part.
or here

Upvote 0
Thanks. The site lists parts for the non concealed valve. Mine is concealed. it should be the same but what I took out looks very different.
If you go to their website and upload pictures of your valve, before dismantled and the cartridge. They will be able to assist you with the correct part.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
With a new cartridge fitted, I find it odd...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct it’s part of there cool touch system...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back