Can you i.d this boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can you i.d this boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpage

Hi! i'm new to the forum, i've got what i think is a gloworm spacesaver 50 boiler that is working fine apart from the electronic starter is broken but that is not the problem!

I cleaned the burner and the heating element the other day but noticed white tiles within the boiler walls(heat shields i think) but was wondering if they are asbestos and if i should be worried... i wore a dust mask when i cleaned the unit.

can anybody shed any light into this model and anything i shoud be aware of!

IMG_4483.jpgIMG_4484.jpgIMG_4486.jpg

can you id it??????????hmmmm for what? if its working correctly.has no holes in the flue/combustion box and passes all safety critical tests then no you cant ID it for containing asbestos you can however do what any sane person would do if it contains asbestos refuse to work on the heap

just found out it is a gloworm spacesaver 50. does anyone have any info on this model.... I have mailed gloworm but no response!
I cleaned the burner as it was covered in debris that is all.

A fine piece of equipment...why i have the CF model chuntering away in my kitchen as i speak...

What else is there to know?

Last edited:
does the op know that ID means something totally different to gas engineers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Re: Is this a crime? Or has restarting my...
Replies
Views
paulnwales
P
Re: Asbestos - Potterton Suprema 80L boiler...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back