Can you identify this part? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Can you identify this part? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boybeck

Hi there,

Please could you help identify this part in my central heating system. It has begun to leak slowly from the top of the black plastic. Can you point me in the right direction for a replacement?

Many thanks,

IMG_0704.jpg IMG_0706.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 18
yep very easily but one problem as your not qualified to touch it sorry we cant help its on your cold/hot water side not your heating

will offer one piece of advice get a g3 plumber / heating eng out needs to be g3 registered

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the information, so it's on the cold/hot water side. I will get a plumber in, but I'd like to know what the part is called so I can explain what the problem is to someone.

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the information, so it's on the cold/hot water side. I will get a plumber in, but I'd like to know what the part is called so I can explain what the problem is to someone.

if there worth there salt they should know just say its on the inlet cold water side and theres numbers on it

but ask to see there g3 card before you let them touch / work on it

Last edited:
OK thanks, and as a guide, what do you think the maximum price should be for the replacement and installation?

OK thanks, and as a guide, what do you think the maximum price should be for the replacement and installation?

many factors to add in could be anything from 200 - 500 depending on location etc

I'm on checkatrade now looking for plumbers but cant see any which say G3. Is there a website listing plumbers with G3 cards?

Hi

I'm in Southampton.

For my own knowledge, from the photo can you tell what type of central heating system we have?

Hi

I'm in Southampton.

For my own knowledge, from the photo can you tell what type of central heating system we have?

in what regards ?

by the looks you have a sealed system

OK, good to educate myself, I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to all these pipes and tanks etc haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, The brass "screw" that connects the...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
Hello, The brass "screw" that connects the...
Replies
Views
Newbie1
N
  • Question
Possibly Mcalpine ST90CP10-70 if the top looks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Basher I'll see if the part you suggest...
Replies
Views
Back