cant get bracket back off toilet seat!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cant get bracket back off toilet seat!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

fitted a toilet yesterday, anyway, seat that came with toilet is a slightly new design, only ever fitted one other of these.

The brackets that go into the holes in the toilet are screwed down and the the toilet seat is just pushed onto the lugs and somehow it doesnt come back off

i think there mustbe some kind of circlip inside

anyway, ive managed to to fit it wrong but cant adjust the brackets as i cant get to the screws that hold them in cos i cant get the actual seat off the bracket. i hope someone understands what i mean!!

there was no instructions with the seat

please help

I think there will be a couple of buttons to press to release somewhere

As eco says, there should be a button on each side which release spring clips. Be careful when pulling them off and make sure the buttons are pushed fully in simultaneously. If you accidently dismantle the mechanism it's a nightmare to get back together.

thanx guys, all sorted now thanx to you

i am however a little embarrassed!!

i agree with paulus nothing to be embarrassed about. you'll know for next time what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

They don't look that corroded tbf, lubricant...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Thank you snowhead! After 2 days of 'these...
Replies
Views
Never done one but that looks the obvious way...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
Back