Capping 22mm hot water pipe | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Capping 22mm hot water pipe in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, as per title I need to cap off the hot/cold feeds to the bath before I rip it out.

Its 22mm copper feeding into flexible pipe to the tap. I've just checked and my pipe cutter only does 15mm.

Given the picture below, is there a capping with a male end I could screw replace the Flexi hose with? If so...can you advise what I need to search on Screwfix to find it please 😂

Failing that I'll have to stop being cheap and get a 22mm pipe cutter. If that route, are pushfit cap ends on copper good enough for a few months?

Thanks in advance

With picture this time!

20210810_141456.jpg

Only for temporaryuse, not for permanent use, just until you (presume fit a new bath?). If you’re capping off permanently then you need to go back as far as twice the pipe diameter, or change that tee if it feeds elsewhere in the property.
p.s. the stop ends are acceptable as permanent use in the correct manner).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind keeping the hoses then just unscrew from taps and fit some male BSP plugs (which will act as dummy tap). Otherwise cutters are cheap and you can just fit some push fit caps after cutting. Turn the supply on gently and hold the caps on for first time you put the supply back on (easier with a friend).

Good luck, and take care.

Cheers,

Roy

Only for temporaryuse, not for permanent use, just until you (presume fit a new bath?). If you’re capping off permanently then you needto go back as far as twice the pipe diameter, or change that tee if it feeds elsewhere in the property.
p.s. the stop ends are acceptable as permanent use in the correct manner).
Perfect thank you and yes only until I rip out rest of bathroom and put it all back together, few months tops.

If you don't mind keeping the hoses then just unscrew from taps and fit some male BSP plugs (which will act as dummy tap). Otherwise cutters are cheap and you can just fit some push fit caps after cutting. Turn the supply on gently and hold the caps on for first time you put the supply back on (easier with a friend).

Good luck, and take care.

Cheers,

Roy
Great, looks like I've got a few options now, many thanks!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello. Yes I did that with all of them and no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Hi if you have a expansion pipe if must...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Back