Capping cold water tank off!! | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Capping cold water tank off!! in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

B

beesley121

Hi guys,

Just been to a house as the new electric shower they have install has really poor pressure. Almost non existent.

The customer has plumbed the shower into his bathroom cold water pipe so it now cannot be changed as the bathroom is tiled.

To cut a long story short, what stops me capping the cold water off from the tank in the loft to the bathroom pipe work and connecting the bathroom cold water pipework to the mains supply?
The tank will have to be left in place as its the feed for the hot water cylinder

Any advice appreciated?

So the electric shower is off the tank?? Easy to swap over to mains mate but you will still find a pressure drop depending on how much of the cold supply is run in 22mm.

Upvote 0
So the electric shower is off the tank?? Easy to swap over to mains mate but you will still find a pressure drop depending on how much of the cold supply is run in 22mm.

yes mate shower is supplied from tank

Im stil relatively new to the plumbing game and always learning but can i ask why the cold water in this house is fed from a tank rather than the mains? understand why the hot is fed from the tank but dont understand why the cold is!! surely cold is better under mains pressure

Upvote 0
Gives you stored cold water if from a cold tank. Nothing wrong with gravity cold & hot if the taps suit the lower pressure.
Just remember the pressure may massively increase to the cold gravity pipework that you are thinking of swapping to mains, so hopefully it is sound.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
Murdoch
M
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for your advice I will get up into...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are float switches instead of mechanical...
Replies
Views
Back