Capping meter | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Capping meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have got a customer who has purchased a shop with a flat above. The flat and shop have their own supply with a meter inside each property .

He wants the meter for the shop ( in the cellar) removed and supply capped as he is having an electric heating/ cooling system.
He has been quoted £500 to remove from gas supplier. He is not paying a standing charge.
How fo I stamd Capping this off?

if there is no standing charge why not leave meter in situ and just cap off supply on meter outlet.

if there is no standing charge why not leave meter in situ and just cap off supply on meter outlet.
That's what I was thinking, but not sure if he wants it removing for space.

up to and inc the meter is the suppliers responsibilty.if he wants to save money leave in situ.

who else can charge to put the meter in so they can sell you their product and then charge you to remove it again i would cap the ecv put the meter govenor and bracket in a sack store it till they decide to come and collect it which will probably be never if theres no standing charge being levied

meter could be property of a company who rent it to the gas supplier gas suppliers change meter doesn't if they find out you have removed it they will want good money off you for it
can be very difficult to find out the true owner

The way we work is;
Meter is the gas suppliers property. A GDN won't cut off the gas supply while the meter is in situ. If the meter is removed and no gas is used after 6 months we would cut off the service. As this goes down to shrinkage and leakage which a GDN ultimitely pays for.
If the meter is left and comes up on xoserve (especially as it's likely to have an MPRN) as live,an unregistered gas supply investigation will commence. The details recorded and whether gas is intended to be used. If not this will also be planned in to be cut off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
N
Thank you all. The wording was ambiguous in...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
  • Question
I bought meter box cover & over box, i did the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
Back