cardbox beneath washing machine,is there a danger? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cardbox beneath washing machine,is there a danger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr.Broke

heya,
my kitchen's floor tiles are too slippery:skull: even for me let alone for the washing machine(6Kg capacity). I moved to this new flat recently and m staying for further 4months; hence not willing to invest any money in it:2guns:. last time i used the washing machine and it was a areal chaos:skull:..the washing machine kept skidding, moving fwd, to the sides especially at the spin cycle; i decided afterwards to put a cardbox at all its sides, even at its basis (beneath it) to confine it in and stop it from moving...my friend told me this can damage the washing machine because it will be overheated[having cardbox at the bottom]. is he right? if so how can i solve this problem considering the height of the space where it is placed is the washing machine's height plus barely one inch. if my friend is wrong, i bought a condenser dryer tumble, can i place a cardbox beneath it.

thank you:earmuffs:

thanks for your prompt reply. i did level it to the best of my knowledge. However, during the spin cycle it shakes too much. Since the floor is 2 slippery, the washing machine skids away

Buy a cheap rubber car mat, cut it into four, and put a piece under each leg.

The high-speed-spin machines do tend to go walk-about if something like a towel gets stuck in one part of the drum.

If the machine is under a work-top, pack the gap between the top of the machine and the underneath of the worktop with polystyrene - jam it in tight, and that will keep the little so and so in one place- I've done it with mine, and it works a treat. I used polystyrene from packaging, any that will fit will do.

But as mentioned, make sure that the transit bolts have been taken out.

Good idea to put a rubber mat underneath as suggested above!

Also as mentioned, it is more important than people appreciate to make sure the appliance is 100% front to back & side to side. Helps with a lot more than just making sure they don't bounce around!

I blame the wife, but trying to beat the spin cycle is fun

Edit: Used to be fun :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

£90 for a macerator why would you, that's got...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
I
Ye thats about it but make sure spigot is...
Replies
Views
glenno1
G
Back