Case for Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 £1500? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Case for Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 £1500? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sally Anthony

Hi

My Gran has a 13 year old Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 oil burning boiler. The man who has serviced it for 7 years said it's been leaking and needs new casing and there is apparently rusting inside, which with installation he quoted £1500. Apparently she did not want a new boiler as it may be a different size and ruin the look of the kitchen so she agreed to it...

It all sounds a bit suspect to me, can anyone recommend a similar dimension new boiler and approximate costings for installation including VAT? Does the pricing for the job he's quoted for seem too much? I'm going to try to get the man's number to give him a call, but my Gran was reluctant to give it to me!

Welcome to the forum :)

When you say casing I'm assuming you mean shell. It seems a bit false economy, unless you had a 2nd shell in good condition. There are boilers that will sit in the danesmoors footprint and you could even consider an external model.

Unable to give an idea of price as it really needs to be looked at properly on site. Perhaps you could give your location and somebody on here would be close enough to have a look.

You could get a new boiler for not a lot more. Sounds like a total waste of money and a con to me.

Would you pay to have a brand new engine put in a 13 year old car?

Most boilers are a standard size 600mm wide and the same height as the Danesmoor except the slimline ones which again are normally the same size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
I think your best option is to employ the...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
Was thinking of just ringing round any ladder...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
Back