Cast Iron Pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cast Iron Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need to connect into a internal vertical cast iron soil pipe. I need to add a 4" branch for a a new toilet to be installed on the ground floor. I was wondering if cutting a section of cast iron pipe out and replace that section with plastic 4" pipe using rubber slip couplers would do the job....?

Also any idea what size the rubber slip coupler would need to be for the cast iron? Obv the outside diameter is bigger but couldn't get in to measure it... 5"? 6"?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

Dan.

Ensign joints are pretty good too, and a bit cheaper than some of the other cast Iron fittings around... They are red though, so you'll need to factor in painting it when you're done.
Drain centre or one of the other merchants of that type will hold them in stock normally.

id install a new stack to be honest! much easier and not much longer in time if its a small one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Use ss 304 forged fittings...(connector)
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looks like a 35mm Male Iron threaded into that...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
Replace the whole lot and as mentioned...
Replies
Views
Back