cast iron soil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cast iron soil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

seen waste connector that fits to a soil pipe in pts . it works by drilling a hole and pushing in then tightening a bit like the copper cylinder connectors you can get - has anyone tried them and will they work on cast soil

Hi yea, used this for cast and it works a treat.
Carefully drill a series of small holes in the cast to the required size using a fast steel bit ( no hammer) then knock out the hole.
It's the only fitting i now use when getting into cast .

All the Best for new year boys :)

It will but you're better off getting a timesaver. [DLMURL="http://www.saint-gobain-pam.co.uk/soildrain/index.cfm?page=%20Timesaver%20BS%20416-183"]Timesaver BS 416 - Soil, Drain & Rainwater - Saint Gobain PAM UK[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, but at what price ?
Mc Alpine is a tenner and there's usually one in the van and 10 mins to install :)

Depending on internal cast iron and plastic pipe external sizes some people have been
known to get an ordinary 'multi-quick' pan connector to do the job really well. In fact
i have one on the grd floor which takes 75% of our poo and has done for 15 years !

You will need some imagination and silicone to do it but most male plumbers will
be able to I am sure

centralheatking - Happy New Year :82:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Back