cast iron waste issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cast iron waste issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

hi guys,

I have a customer that has a downstairs loo that is too close to the wall for their comfort. They would like me to angle the loo to give them more leg room.

Went round with a 4" flexi to find an ancient 3" bore cast iron pipe connected with a macfit.

I have spent ages trying to find an adaptor or a suitable flexi but not had much luck.

I am now in rural Scotland so heading off to the suppliers is not as simple as it sounds so trying to find something online.

Thought to ask this knowledge base for any pointers

Cheers

Ian

hi guys,

I have a customer that has a downstairs loo that is too close to the wall for their comfort. They would like me to angle the loo to give them more leg room.

Went round with a 4" flexi to find an ancient 3" bore cast iron pipe connected with a macfit.

I have spent ages trying to find an adaptor or a suitable flexi but not had much luck.

I am now in rural Scotland so heading off to the suppliers is not as simple as it sounds so trying to find something online.

Thought to ask this knowledge base for any pointers

Cheers

Ian

Can you not make something out of lead? and then insert a multiquick? If something like @CBW1982 posted won't fit of course, as that would be the easiest option.

Hi mate, got one of these but bore is 3", O/D is 3 1/2 or so which is the same as the outlet so it's just too big to fit into pipe

Hi mate,

At a push, you could use one of these (mac ext-c) trimmed back and a standard 4” flexible connector?

Straight Extension MACFIT

Failing that I’d recommend cutting cast iron back and using a flex seal coupling reducing to 75mm and a bit of soil pipe and fittings?

Flexseal Adaptor Coupling Non Standard Option 1 | Drainage Central

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

D
Please register with us and start a new thread...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Re: anyone know where i can find a 32mm...
Replies
Views
T
G
If you want the cat iron socket removed, take...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K
Back