Cast Soil Stack | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cast Soil Stack in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeygas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Lads,

Got two cast stacks to replace next week with plastic ones, never having replaced one before whats best for chopping it out?

I was thinking of using a 5" angle grinder with a stone blade? Is this man enough or is a 9" better or maybe there's a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance!

Easyer to start at the top and smash it out with a lump hammer until you get about 6feet from the ground then cut the base with a grinder. there are also other threads on here about it

Cheers unguided, do you think the 5" grinder is too small to do the cutting?

I normally use a 4" grinder with no gaurd I cut 3 verticle cuts about 12" high and then 3 horizontal cuts one bottom one middle and one top then knock out the cast that you have cut then put the grinder inside the pipe to cut the far side easy job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I need a quote to replace a soil stack ( cast...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Back