CDi Compact | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CDi Compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Welton

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
OMG they look like a nightmare to work on! I'm not sure how they manage to need so much stuff in their, in comparison a logic is empty.

We had a visit from the Worcester van with a mornings work of being shown how to strip them down and it is quite simple. A lot of it is done to aid the engineer. Especially fault finding with multi meter at the pcb. It is getting very plastic though. It's amazing how tight it is compared to logic. Only fitted a couple and Im still on the fence so time will tell. I hate when fitting them the stupid idea if expansion vessel on the frame it's pants. You've thought with all the hype they'd have a simple fixing kit like the logics. Seeemples.

All comes apart in minutes, just need to know what you are doing!! Does make you wonder why everything is so big and there is so much when ideals are half empty!!

Only fitted one CDI compact and will honestly not do another. as kris says the sliding expansion vessel is a disaster of an idea, you need hands like a malnourished child to get into tighten the unions and the Plastic built in filling loop didn't inspire me much either. Would hate to be replacing any major parts on them ....

that stupid cover hinge is a nightmare place on the floor with the cardboard insert removed and remove cover and bang goes the plastic. the rtn plastic pipe looks weak

Won't be long before the plastic starts leaking....I expect to be peee'd off with them in the near future.

No plastic hydro blocks for me thanks, I steer clear. If I don't wanna repair something in the future, then I wouldn't fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Need to get someone out to calc what your...
Replies
Views
D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Understood, will order the part, is it...
Replies
Views
Back