CDI Compact | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CDI Compact in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Fitted my first WB CDI Compact yesterday and today.

Never again!
what a ball ache, everything's so fiddly.:banghead:

Yeh mate. I've went totally off Worcester. There design engineers are ballbags lol. I used to be a big fan but no more.

Why not make a simple instal like ideal boilers. One bracket and easily worked on. I know the compacts are designed to fit inside a wall unit but so does the crappy glowworm flexicom which like the ideal is a simple bracket ,

why i think there lovely boilers what did you struggle on?

I cant see the problem, my combi of choice.

What did you struggle with ?

Everything to do with the drop down flap
The case
The circlip for the expansion vessel
The nut for the PRV
Getting a rubber hose on the gas valve test point
Did I mention the flap
The sharp edges
I can barely get a finger in most places on the boiler, future maintenace and servicing looks near impossible.

Maybe its easier after you have fitted a few but everything seemed to take ages compared to Vaillant and Ieal.
I like the CDI Classic but dont think I will fit another Compact

With the circlip for expansion vessel remove the syphon and use long nose pliers.

For the prv connection swing the cold water connection to the left and enables you to use grips to tighten up the brass connector.

The case seems strange at 1st but is really easy afterwards. I have fitted loads and never had a issue with call backs ect.

the drop down flap come off and on very easy so that shouldnt be a problem

the c clip for the expansion vessel doesnt come out just pull till stop and slip vessel down and push back in with hell a piece of wood :D plenty of room unless you fitted the trap

i will give you this one its been moved from where it was and no a pita to fit

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/flowandpressure/REGU03"]REGU03 - M.R.T. Standard Manometer Rigid Tube | Regin[/DLMURL]

and theres not that many sharp edges to be honest mate

and within 5 min i can have the top case empty (eg burner, gas valve and fan come out in one) and then just the burner case left

might be worth going on a training day

Last edited by a moderator:
Its on my todo list, just waiting for the training truck to be local.
Might go on the factory tour at the end of the year.

you might have better luck if theres on at the local collage

A few months ago i was in the suppliers and wozzie rep was in and everyone that came through the door had a right go at him about how utterly pants the boilers are. One lad got quite moody with him about how poor they are to fit .

I do agree tho compared to most boilers they are a shocker of an install, if it was a race between wozzie and ideal i reckon the wozzie installer would be on commissioning the appliance and the ideal installer would be home drinking tea job done.

The one big bonus tho of worcesters is how frequently they conk out which keeps me busy,i love all you worcester installers your pap is my payday :clap:

I fitted one the other day and I agree, they could of been designed better. Why design a boiler that needs to be taken apart to put on the wall? Just a hook on type would do. They aren't that heavy.

I fitted one the other day and I agree, they could of been designed better. Why design a boiler that needs to be taken apart to put on the wall? Just a hook on type would do. They aren't that heavy.

doesn't have to be taken apart mount the jig if you want to struggle put the boiler on the wall if not leave it off and pipe up

half the time people moaning about things normally fit ideals or glowworms and dont know how to / doing things the wrong ways

next install im taking pics step by step :D

I dislike the first one... But now iv fit a few more I'm used to them & there not too bad :)

Nice one ShaunCorbs, just found that Regin tube, looks good.

REGIN RIGID MANOMETER TUBE REGU03: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

yeah it does look good but why does it cost £13 plus postage

yeah it does look good but why does it cost £13 plus postage

make your own bit of 10mm and some tube and a couple cable ties done :D

With the circlip for expansion vessel remove the syphon and use long nose pliers.

For the prv connection swing the cold water connection to the left and enables you to use grips to tighten up the brass connector.

The case seems strange at 1st but is really easy afterwards. I have fitted loads and never had a issue with call backs ect.
How is it well designed when you have had to work out a particular order and method just to get it installed. Why not just fit a boiler which is well designed and doesnt make you work out how to get around a bad design.

Last edited:
It's easy to remove expansion plug before hanging on the jig... No need to move condense trap as you only need to reach in & push it back when the vessel is dropped in!

The PRV has a special shaped thread, it seems designed to be able to do up hand tight! So no worries there!

You can't make a boiler that compact & please everyone :p

It's easy to remove expansion plug before hanging on the jig... No need to move condense trap as you only need to reach in & push it back when the vessel is dropped in!

The PRV has a special shaped thread, it seems designed to be able to do up hand tight! So no worries there!

You can't make a boiler that compact & please everyone :p

it is only design to go hand tight

It's all just un necessary though. As said, why do they need semi constructing out the box? Everyone else seems to be able to design a product that's ready to go? If it was the size of a shoe box then I'd understand, but it's about the same size as a lot of other boilers.

Before long you'll be buying a box of bits with an ikea type instruction manual.

I agree fitted one last month. Rear piped it what a fuss fitting pipes to rear I made do they could be removed from fittings under neath. Come to hang boiler and pump housing fouled pipes. But if you make tails longer you can't remove them when boiler is on the wall.. Eg if you pipe up tails with clip space upward pipes foul pump housing. If I ever fit another one I will get pre made tails

I agree fitted one last month. Rear piped it what a fuss fitting pipes to rear I made do they could be removed from fittings under neath. Come to hang boiler and pump housing fouled pipes. But if you make tails longer you can't remove them when boiler is on the wall.. Eg if you pipe up tails with clip space upward pipes foul pump housing. If I ever fit another one I will get pre made tails

Must have been a pig without the proper Bosch vertical piping kit! I would never attempt it even lol.

The kit comes with a spare screw too, you swop it over so the screw does not hit the vertical piping behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Need to get someone out to calc what your...
Replies
Views
It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
C
Needs a decent service also a couple of parts...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plate to plate Sorry to say gas engineers job
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Back