Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ceiling paint recommendation - black mould on wet room ceiling in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello there all,
I care for my disabled mum and her wet room ceiling has developed small speckles of black mould.
I plan to remove the black mould and then paint the ceiling voer with a decent anti-mould ceiling paint.
Can anyone recommend a decent paint brand? I know of Ronseal and Zinsser but wondered if there were any others?
Mum also has asthma so I wonder is there a low odur paint?

Many thanks,

Rik

I like Dulux products. Their blog has some notes on dealing with mould:

If possible, improve the ventilation of the wet-room. It's the only way to prevent re-growth.

Thank you so much for your replies and advice, will try Zinsser!
Yes, we had an extractor fan but it went bust and then the black mould started up. Luckily the council came and replaced it for a new for mum.
Thank you again all!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, looking for some advice with regards...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
En-suite shower room refurb needed in Twyford...
Replies
Views
  • Question
From experience - parents had almost exactly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi New member here with a general question...
Replies
Views
Back