Central heating airlock | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating airlock in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

After changing some rad valves today I've had a nightmare airlock on the central heating. I've put it down to the position of the vent and cold feed as when the heating on the air has nowhere to go. I've drawn a diagram of the setup what do you think?
d376b0dfa0d2c49c9521e2d04ae923dc.jpg

Managed to get some hot then open others up and all goes cold again. I'm thinking of moving that vent and cold feed to before the pump, what do you think?

did it work prior to your arrival, if it did, wack that boiler temp up, let it rattle for a while and blow the airlock out. if its an old non condensing floor stander, if your feeling brave, whip the overheat stat for a short time, it will shake n rattle but probably clear any airlocks, other wise set up the neutral point correctly.

Cheers lame, customer said it worked before although has said they have had trouble when draining it previously. I've said to leave it a day or so and see how it settles down. It's a logic in there.

Possibly if it was working before customer has said they have also had issues before .Tried a wet vac on a couple ?Checked the pump as well impeller may have an issue on drain down.I have used a filling lop in the past to blast water into system has worked for me.If not try what you said .

Update, most rads have started working two or three not heating properly now. Advised customer to turn off all hit ones and leave the three to blast through for a while.
Still think moving the vent and cold feed to before the pump would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back