Central heating and Hot water Boiler - (Spilt system) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating and Hot water Boiler - (Spilt system) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcluma

We are replacing an large old oil-burner for a modern set-up. (house is being extended)
The house is over three floors (arround 5000 sqft) - and with 5 bathrooms all with bath and shower

The plumer advised to have a split system
1 boiler for hot water and
1 boiler for central heating (arround 30 rads)

Currently there are cold storage tanks in the loft, which are going to be replaced (new waterline from the road installed to ensure enough pressure is there)

The hot water will be on a ring to ensure there will always be hot water available

The question is - which boilers to go for - any recommendation - are there any brands that do central heating boilers only I like to have most likely two of the same brand

Thanks
Chris

So on the hot water side are you going for an unvented cylinder and secondary return.
What size cylinder has your plumber recommended?
Whats the size of the boiler you are taking out?
Is the replacement oil and are you looking at a sealed system for your heating?

Looking at unvented, gas, we have not yet discussed size of boiler / cylinder

i would link to identical boilers that way a breakdown on one would leave you with some function of both heating and hot water<br>
i would only use to seperate systems if there was a need to have them situated seperately ie in different locations<br>also makes fault finding easier as you can swop parts from one to other to confirm faults

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Have you considered a faulty by-pass valve or...
Replies
Views
Back