Central heating balancing on a two pump system | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating balancing on a two pump system in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

Apologies if this comes across as a simple question but I would like some advice please on how to go about balancing my heating system which I have just enlarged to cater for a new extension that I am building.
The original heating system consisted of a Y plan setup with a single pump serving 9 radiators controlled by a single thermostat.
The new extension has three independent zones served by a new pump - there are a total of 11 new radiators in the extension.
The boiler thus has a single flow that splits to independently feed the two pumps.
So, my question is for balancing, do I treat the old and new circuits as separate entities i.e. ensure the new pump is not running and balance the old system (do I need to ensure the hot water is not calling for heat?) and then repeat the process for the new circuits ensuring that the old pump is not running or do I need to have both pumps running at the same time? Likewise, for the 3 new zones, in order to balance do I need to ensure that all valves are open or work on one zone at a time?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks everyone for the advice so far. I got...
Replies
Views
Sam Wain
S
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
And loose efficiency
Replies
Views
Back