Central Heating Calculations | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating Calculations in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Help! I'm designing a central heating system (combi-boiler) and am happy with most of the calculations I need to do. I've worked out radiator sizes required and know I want a flow/return delta T of around 20 degrees giving me a rad/room delta T of around 40 degrees (I know this means oversizing rads by a factor but I want to do this right). I want to use a return temperature of 50 degrees and flow of 70. I can set the flow of 70 at the boiler obviously. How do I ensure that the return temperature is close to 50? Is there some equation I use to make sure this is the case?

I know I need to keep return under 55 or the boiler doesn't condense when powering the heating.

Thanks in advance for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

And loose efficiency
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
C
Nobody seems to know what this is based on, if...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Back