Central heating control failure | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating control failure in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GrahamVet

Hi forum
First time post here so please work with me if I break forum etiquette.

Just needing a bit of help to understand our CH problem. Recently our boiler (Oil fired Boulter Classic) started making funny noises and so heating engineer arrived and replaced the bearings on the fuel pump. I spoke with him regarding the fact the I could only get hot water and central heating when the Danfoss HPA2 Actuator valve on the hot water line was turned to manual. He told me to replace Danfoss HPA2 actuator and all would be well. I have done this and all is not well.
The system is basic oil fired boulter classic boiler with a lifestyle Model LP522 control box, a single pump with a split after the pump to central heating heating and hot water. These two pipes have a Danfoss HPA2 valve each just after the split. If both HPA2's set to auto and we empty out all hot water, boiler and pump and HPA2 valve works fine when hot water switched on via the control panel (Hot water advance). If only switch on heating, central heating branch HPA2 valve opens but no boiler fire or pump working. If switch on both heating and hot water (hot water and central heating advance) both valves open with pump and boiler working. If switch both control panel settings off, both HPA2 valves close and all stops. Prob clearly not HPA2 valve on hot water line as was told, although we get V V V hot water and central heating when this hot water HPA2 set to manual which is where we are living at moment. If we set both to auto we get big probs. Clearly boiler, pump, and both HPA2 valves work (now we have one new and one about 8 years old). Is this a communication problem between hardware items here. Is this a damaged or broken Lifestyle control panel. Please help. Heres hoping for a solution

Graham

It sounds like a broken misplaced wire from the heating valve or the microswitch on the heating valve has packed up.If you can use a multimeter it's time to find a diagram of an S plan and start investigating.

Thanks v much Mike. I am quessing you are meaning the Danfoss HPA2 valve on the central heating side as I have replaced the hot water one as new. At least I have potentially a working valve from the the hot water side to put on to the CH side. Thanks v much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back