Central heating costs for 2 bed flat | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating costs for 2 bed flat in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve1

I know this is all subject to area and what grade of equipment you use etc etc but can you guys give me a " ball park" figure of what I may be looking at to have gas central heating installed in a 2 bed flat.
There's gas to the road, but not to the flat, so it's a completely fresh install, and maybe it might be for 2 flats that are next to each other if it works out more economical.

Get your gas meter fitted first. That can cost an arm and a leg and there's nothing more frustrating than driving to a quote only to be told they haven't got gas yet.
Pricewise between 4-5 grand ish.

I thought it might be expensive getting it to the meter.
They're a couple of flats we rent out and currently have electric heating in them, which is not ideal and costs quite a bit to run, if the tenants can be arsed to have it on, and that can lead to damp, but that's another story.
Just thought I might get some ideas of costs, it would increase the resale on them, ( when the time comes ), and I could charge a bit more rent wise as well, but only if it's viable.

Your looking at 6 weeks min to get gas installed to your properties sometimes much longer.

I know a guy I went to the other day was quoted £3000 to get gas in from the road and a meter fitted.

I know a guy I went to the other day was quoted £3000 to get gas in from the road and a meter fitted.

Exactly! And you're renting them out. Steve tell them to put another jumper on and take the wife to the Bahamas instead mate.

A system I fitted last week, the customer had wanted the gas entry point to the house lowered, it was at high level in the kitchen and she wanted it lowering to go under a unit. She had been quoted £2200 to have it moved!

most gas suppliers have set price's for certain jobs. so if yours is an easy job its still the same price.

as for a heating system your prob looking at 2.5-3.5 grand with good compontents and warrantys. (at a guess)

Jeez prices have gone up it was 350 quid ten years ago when brother got gas put in to my Mams house for central heating.

Jeez prices have gone up it was 350 quid ten years ago when brother got gas put in to my Mams house for central heating.

When my grandad was alive he had an old battered BBU on a 1 pipe system I said I would fit him a new boiler and system for parts cost only, when I gave him the price he coughed and said I only paid £50 for this heating system. Lol.

To the op I would be looking 3-4k depending on what you want fitting if it's upstairs/ downstairs, pipe running in loft or on show at high/ low level.

Without looking though it's impossible to say.

Get 3-4 prices from local heating engineers and take it from there.

To the OP discount the gas outside issue as a separate job for the supplier,

The work inside in a flat i would assume the pipes would be on show so would need trunking??

Talon trunking is rather pricey for what it is so would knock the price up,

Do you need a scaffold for the flue again more cost .

You could get a local smash and grab company in like here who will install it for £1750 all in but you will get rubbish and prob will never come back if you have issues.Also they won't set your boiler up properly and give you the finer details you need to know .

You really do get what you pay for in this game however get 3 quotes listen and question their knowledge as your paying .

Cost guess anywhere between 2.5k to 3.5 k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Its a Combi. Its a Worcester Bosch Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back