Central Heating Doesnt Seem to be Working (Thermostat TP9000) | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating Doesnt Seem to be Working (Thermostat TP9000) in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karlentwistle

Cold radiators - low pressure (Thermostat TP9000)

Hi all

My issue is no matter what I set it to, including, Thermostat mode (Heating mode only). Which apparently lets me 'select a constant temperature of between 5-30°C and can be used to provide untimed higher temperatures if, for example, a family member is sick'.

The flat never seems to change temperate and stays at a fairly constant 18°C - 20°C. (Im not even sure to attribute this to the central heating or the extremely warm communal corridors / consumer electronics / appliances generating heat)

I have
  • Bled all the radiators in the flat.
  • Checked all the radiators are on at their highest settings.
  • Reset the unit to factory default settings and crosschecked in the advanced settings that everything is on the factory default.
  • Checked the remote temperature detector (Danfoss TS2) to verify it doesn't require batteries.
  • Checked the fuse box to make sure it hasn't tripped off
  • Checked hot running water is coming from all the taps to verify the boiler is working
  • Checked the boiler cupboard to make sure none of the values have been closed

I was following the british gas common problems and have identified a potential issue with regards to the water pressure.

I found my pressure gauge and it looks like this.

IMAG0038.jpg

If I move the red tap it looks like this

IMAG0039.jpg

As soon as I move the red tap back to how I found it, the bar goes straight back to 0.

Last edited by a moderator:
18-20 is good for me but get an engineer in to sort your problem something isnt right.

Re: Cold radiators - low pressure (Thermostat TP9000)

you must have a leak somewhere is the prv pipe leaking outside

May sound silly but have you topped up the pressure after bleeding the rads? Its comman for people to miss that ( not saying you have though) and also check rads and prv for leaks/running water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back