central heating extension | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating extension in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

indigo

A customer asked me to add 4 more rads to his vented heating system. I have fitted 2 of them and I am having problems in getting all the rads to produce heat. All the rads are fed from the loft downwards. Some are in groups 2 or 3.
There are a total of 13 rads. Any suggestions to problem?

have you balanced the system? are you running everything in 15mm (max 3 rads on any one 15mm crt) is the pump working ok

have you balanced the system? are you running everything in 15mm (max 3 rads on any one 15mm crt) is the pump working ok
I have max 2 rads per 15mm pipes. Since my last visit the two new rads were running fine the next day they are cold and two rads in another part house which were cold are now hot. I suspect blocked pipes. I have put central heating cleaner. The vented system has never been flushed since installation (3 years) The inhibitor was added on commissioning and never repeated. The ensuite bathroom has a thermostatically controlled shower supplied by a salamander pump ( which I have nothing to do with) I tapped into pumped hot and cold to supply the new ensuite. A few days later the shower would give any hot water.The customer was convinced I had caused this. I explained there was hot water coming out of all the taps and the salamander pump was working. The fault lay with the thermostatic cartridge. The customer complained to The Bathstore. This afternoon the customer was busy repairing the said shower. He had been given a new set of O seals to rectify the problem.

How do I test the pumps performance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Hi Basher, Thank you for the reply. So the...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Back