Central heating filter recommendation. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating filter recommendation. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

md68

I have a customer who keeps getting large non magnetic bits of grit clogging up their pump. Even though they have had the system power flushed. Can anyone recommend a filter I can fit to stop this from happening? I was thinking of the Magnabooster 2 but I am open to suggestions. It needs to be 28mm connection.

Try a fernox TF1. That does magnetic and non magnetic.

I'm for the magna.

Was not too sure about them at beginning, but after coming across most of the other variants with leaking seals and not one issue with the magnaboosters. I'm sold on the product.

i have fitted tf1,magnas and that spirro thingie i willonly fit magna cleans they collect more muck than any other the early magnas used to leak but they now have a improved seal and a refurb kit in the pack

I don't trust the spirotech magnabooster, fitted a couple and they didnt appear to take anything out. Atleast with the Magnaclean or the TF1 you can see the proof. I opted for the TF1 as the Magnaclean doesnt take out non magnetic debris (unless you opt for the Twintech version).

Last edited:
Is the Fernox TF1 not as good?

Got a job to fit a filter for a customer after the heating season and was going to fit the TF1 as it does non-magnetic too and is a good price at the moment.

Is the Fernox TF1 not as good?

Got a job to fit a filter for a customer after the heating season and was going to fit the TF1 as it does non-magnetic too and is a good price at the moment.
cant see how it collects non magnetic as well,i had one leak,the magnets smaller and the threads on the body can be iffy

Its just as good, as long as its fitted correctly. Just figure out what colour of spacer ring should be used (they are different for vertical mounting than horizontal) some people complain they leak but I've yet to have one leak, although I prefer Magnaclean tbh

I think the new grey part on the bottom of magnaclean's capture non magnetic debris now, the part with the 'louvres'

Redox Zeparo is the daddy with a helistill separator, magnet, anode, venting all in one unit. Ta hydronics supply them. About £300 quid afaik.
G1 female connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had more problems with magnacleans leaking that TF1's thats for sure. I havnt had a single problem with TF1's, although the magnacleans now seem alot better than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
Back