Central Heating / Hot water problem. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating / Hot water problem. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Artyboy

Can anyone please advise on my Central Heating issue ???
When i select the heating to come on at the same time as the Hot Water , i get get no heating to the radiators.
If i switch off the hot water then the radiators heat up.
I am on a Boiler plan with Scottish Gas and they cannot find the problem . They suggested setting the hot water for another time setting so as not to come on when the heating is on , This is crazy not to mention the extra costs

Can Anyone HELP

is it an old system, it may be that you have an old style 3 port diverter valve which gives priority to hot water

Yea it does have that type of valve , the gas board just changed the mechanism on it recently.

Rgds

well if its definitely a 3 port diverter valve as opposed to a 3 port mid position valve the you have to set the timings differently or get it upgraded to the 3 port mid position type.

Lost Me , It has worked fine for the last 12 years then all of a sudden started doing this , Gas men are lost on it .

Rgds

Hi Artyboy

Has the problem started since the valve mechanism was changed? This does sound like a 3 port valve problem which can either be mechanical failure of the valve (unlikely in this case as it has recently been changed) or, the valve has been wired incorrectly.

Any information on the valve would be useful.

Regards

Update :- Had the Gas Board back out today , they agree there is a problem . they tried to go down the flushing route again.
I stood my ground with them and said how can the water or heating work perfectly on thier own ???

They have agreed to come and change the 3 port valve, and have a look at the pump also

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
L
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back