Central heating in winter when on holiday | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating in winter when on holiday in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I am thinking to set boiler when we are on holiday soon this winter.

First, I want to turn off the cylinder (hot water tank) handle (please see attached photo arrow pointing), this way the house will no water flow at all, this is to prevent water/pipe leaking/burst which happened last year.----if I turn off cylinder handler, this will not affect Central Heating function at all, right?

If it will not, then secondly, for Central Heating, I learn someone suggests keep boiler on all the time but set the house thermostat at something like 15C or 12C.

Or, I prefer to set CH timer on 1hour in the morning each day (the rest day is off), is this enough?

Thanks for all your advice!

Attachments

• cylinder handle.jpeg
    cylinder handle.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 17

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Back