Central heating issue | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Vailant ecotec system boiler. Drayton Lifestyle controller

Hi. Yesterday I turned on my central heating. After turning it at the controller off I noticed it was still running. The hot water was set to 'timer' (but wasn't on at that time) When I turned the hot water to 'off' the boiler stopped & the central heating went off. I turned the HW back on to 'Timer'. This morning, when the HW was running during its timed programme, the rads got hot.

Could anyone point me in the direction of the possible cause for this? I'm thinking sticking zone valve at the HW cylinder but really have no idea. Could it be this, or an issue with the Drayton controller?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sticking 2 port or misbehaving 3 port.

2 port either sticking or micro switch in head stuck closed.

Thanks for that. The black manual switch on the body of the actuator is 'floppy' (no resistance) I read somewhere that this indicates the unit is stuck in mid position, supplying both HW & CH at the same time. Is this correct? I've attached a photo for reference
PB100004.JPG

Mm, it seems the photo hasn't loaded? The unit is a Drayton mid position actuator MA1

Similar plumbing topics

Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back