Central heating issue. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating issue. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

For some weeks now my central heating has been switching off after about ten hours and not refiring. The next morning the heating switches back on a timer and the same issue occurs after a number of hours. Occasionally the blue power light has flashed but on resetting, the boiler fires up and the heating stays on. There is no problem with hot water which always fires up and stays on so I suspected, some time ago, the Myson CH valve which I purchased. This morning the heating did not come on so I decided to change the actuator. After switching the power back on the boiler fired up and I had CH for about 15 minutes before, much to my surprise, the boiler switched off again. I have a Bosch boiler and a Sadia water cylinder.

Help appreciated.

What’s the display temperature saying ?

Thanks. There is no display temperature but I understand it could be a blocked condensate pipe issue. The replacement of the valve actuator wasn't necessary. There is water coming out into the waste pipe under a sink. I undid the pipe underneath the condensate trap under the boiler expecting a lot of liquid and 'bits', but nothing came out of the trap. The boiler will stay on for most of the day then lockout with the blue light flashing and restart after a break.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back