Central Heating Issue | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vinceb63

Hi guys

I have had a few issues with my central heating recently, firstly the Grunfos pump stopped working so that was replaced, then i was told i needed a power flush so had that done, then the 3 way port stopped working so had that replaced.

Now when the heating comes on and the hot water is also on only the upstairs rads get hot until i turn off the hot water and then the downstairs rads get hot too, please help as im very frustated with the whole thing.

The new pump might be on to lower a setting, they're should be some way to increase its speed. Don't turn it up to max though. Other than that it's still sludged up, or has some form of pipework restriction.

maybe the valves after flushing have all been left fully open.
possibly the system needs re balancing to restrict flow to upstairs and encourage flow downstairs.
does the hot water return have a balancing valve?

I would be getting back to who did the previous work??

Get back to last people to work on system, could be something as simple as some valves still closed, or an air lock in system, they should have run system to make sure that it was fully working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Back