Central heating kilowatts | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating kilowatts in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Selfbuilder3

Hello, This is my first post.

I'm building a new house. A self build project.
House is undergoing the first plumbing and electrical fix.

Does anyone know of a website/software that can calculate the Kw (kilowatts) of heating the house needs?.

I have found a site that has a online form that askes some questions and gives me Kw off 22, this matches up with what my boiler/solar provider says.

Just the website questions seam a bit approximate and don't (for example)ask me how much external glass there is and seams to assume the ground floor and the first floor are the same foot print etc.

Just need to find a source that is more detailed in asking and collecting the relevant data such as build materials, location, insulation of the dwelling etc.

I be grateful for any relevant feed back.

Thanks, Dave Jones (Anglesey)

Miers calculator.

Mears*

Energy saving trust
whole house caculator

See what your architect recommends and add fifty percent IME.

Realistically you need floor plans and construction details of rooms. There are plenty of sites on the web.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And technically you want a heat loss calculator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
I think the old pump is a 5M, the old old pump...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Back