Central heating maintenance package that I have come up with, thoughts? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating maintenance package that I have come up with, thoughts? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys Recently acquired a sentinal jet flush machine for £110 quid which I think was a cheeky bargin I must say ;-)

I was thinking of making up a sort of maintenance package Consisting of a boiler service and powerflush for around the 200-250 mark, including chemicals etc what do you think?

Too cheap

£60 for a serivce depending on boiler

£300 for power flush

It's going to take you a day to do the work. You don't want to be selling yourself too cheap that your custards expect it that cheap all the time

And we all need to make a living

£200 a day = 52k a year - van tax Gassafe etc = (if lucky) £24k a year

I would say that's not enough. But it's your choice

And what are you going to do if the powerflush goes wrong and you need to do extra. Do you think your cost will cover the odd mistake?

Iam currently charging £50 for gas combi's(exc any parts), £70 for oil (inc nozzle exc other parts)

Iam still jst at the consideration stage atm toying with the idea and its pitfalls, thinking of the real world demand for such an idea.

Far too cheap. Even the own brand chemicals are around a tenner a bottle plus VAT so that's £20 off straight away leaving you £180 to £230 for the day, and that's on a small system. That's a wage, not a realistic charge. You've got to factor in all of your business costs as above.

When the big boys are charging £600 plus for a powerflush you can go in for £400-£500 for a flush and throw in a free system filter.

too cheap, buddie i have ran into problems on open ventedsystems with blocked cold feed and air locks which can take a few hours to remove

real world scenario tho would you be able to sell that in tough economic times??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
The water leak needs to be sorted out first it...
Replies
Views
Back