Central Heating not turning off, thoughts and advice. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating not turning off, thoughts and advice. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

acprc

Hi all,

New to the forum but been lurking for a while. Joined to tap into the wealth of experience that might help me with an ongoing issue.

We have an S plan system that has CH that won't turn off as programmed. My initial thought was that the motorized valve for the CH was faulty but the valve works when you power on and off the system. By this I mean when the power is off the return spring closes the valve and you can then turn power back on. Heating switches on ok but not off.

So far I have changed the programmer and backplate to a newer Honeywell 9400C, fitted a new Honeywell wiring centre, fitted a new motorised valve head (physical valve is the same) and as it was cheap at £35 a new boiler PCB. (Boiler is an older Glowworm Complheat 40).

We don't have a wired or wireless thermostat anywhere in the house.

What am I missing, could the physical valve still be at fault, even though it motors on ok when heating turns on. I can post pictures of the wiring centre if needed.

Any help, thoughts or experience is welcomed.

Adam

You're missing the correct qualification to change pcbs. You've spent more on bits than it would've cost to get somebody qualified in to do it for you.
Thread closed.
Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
G
Hi, thx in advance if anyone has any ideas...
Replies
Views
GL7781
G
Back