central heating not working downstairs | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating not working downstairs in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vedraw

hi guys I just know I,m opening a can of worms but here goes. my central heating has been working fine up until the hot tap on the bath stopped working a few days ago. then I noticed upstairs radiators are fine but downstairs aren't working at all.
I,ve fixed the bath tap without any problems but still have no heating downstairs. the pump Is working just fine . I,ve tried turning off all the upstairs radiators and the pipes are getting warm but not the radiators. any suggestions please ?

Depends how your system's arranged but could be crud or something blocking flow or return to ground floor. Have you tried putting in some cleaner?

I,m hoping its crud. I,ve chucked some cleaner in the expansion tank. we do seem to have luke warm radiators downstairs now.

I,m hoping its crud. I,ve chucked some cleaner in the expansion tank. we do seem to have luke warm radiators downstairs now.

did you drain a bit down to get the cleaner in the system?

As shaun has just said, waste of time just putting it in the f & e tank , you need it in the rads .

And you need a good quality cleaner, also amount depends on size of system, don't expect it to work in a couple of hours, just pouring it in small tank is a waste of cleaner.

it was put in the expansion tank. and then pulled through by draining down slightly. and its been in there for three days. and it was bloody expensive so hopefully a good one.

I would go with Pump. Just changed one doing the same thing and the original pump (less than 2 year old) was nice and clean inside. But new pump sorted it.

thanks guys. I,m draining down the system today so hopefully should soon find out.

just to let you all know heating is sorted and working. thanks for your suggestions. it wasn't the pump. it was the ballcock in the expansion tank not playing as it should.

just to let you all know heating is sorted and working. thanks for your suggestions. it wasn't the pump. it was the ballcock in the expansion tank not playing as it should.

OK, thanks for letting us know. Just remember, we can only guess. You need to be there to verify what is happening b4 any repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Back