central heating - only working for 1 hour a day! | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss central heating - only working for 1 hour a day! in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHills

hello, can anyone help me please. I had a new Drayton lifestyle thermostat and control panel fitted approx 3 months ago. Up until last week I just used the thermostat to regulate the heating but now the boiler wont fire up at all when I try to use the thermostat. If i set the control panel to Timed then the central heating will come on for 1 hour in the morning but not at any other set time. Therefore I only have heating for 1 hour per day. I can't use the thermostat at all, even though the green light comes on on the control panel the boiler wont fire up.........The water setting works fine. Does anyone have any ideas please????? Thanks very much. Drayton lifestyle LP522. Boiler is Ideal Mexico Super RS40/60.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was only fitted 3 months ago it should be under warranty. Get the guy that fitted it back. If you can't more details are needed, model numbers, type of system etc.

Hello, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the plumber is not replying to my calls and hasn't for over a week!! The model is drayton lifestyle LP522 and the boiler is Ideal Mexico Super RS40/60. Really appreciate your reply.

At a guess I'd say you have a problem with your diverter valve or cylinder thermostat if you have a 3way diverter valve fitted... If you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about I'd suggest you get a GasSafeEngineer out. You can post a request here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL] With your general whereabouts. If here's anyone online here near you they'll PM you ... :)

On the back of some of these drayton programmers there is a switch for fully pumped or gravity.Take off the face of the programmer and check to make sure it is switched to fully pumped.Switch off the power before you take the face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Back